From Autumn 2014 Rhondda Cynon Taf Council’s Streetcare team will begin rolling out changes to the amount of additional black bags (also known as side waste) that will be collected from its residents.
The following rules will apply to residents:
- If a resident has a 240 litre bin, NO additional black bags will be accepted.
- If a resident has a 120 litre bin (standard issue), ONE black bag will be allowed.
- Rhondda residents who do not have bins can put out FOUR black bags – excluding ash waste.
Ash waste will be collected in managable sized black bags and this will be in addition to the above amount of black bag waste.
Any additional black bags (excluding ash waste) will not be collected and residents are likely to recieve a visit from the Council’s Enforcement and Awareness Officers, so that they can help with future waste issues.
Following these visits, repeat offenders will face a £75 fine.
So What Can I Recycle?
- Paper (Newspapers, magazines, junk mail, Coloured Paper)
- Glass bottles and containers
- Metal tins and cans (inc tin foil if clean)
- Plastic bottles and containers (including cleaned out yogurt pots, margarine tubs etc)
- Tetrapak cartons (the waxy type, milk and orange juice cartons)
- Textiles including bedding and pillows
- Household batteries
- Cooked and Undercooked food
- Leftover food
- Takeaway food
- Out of date food
- Coffee grounds
- Dairy products
- Egg shells
- Dog and Cat food
- Kitchen towels (clean or used for wiping food – not bleach or detergent)
- Contaminated paper from food wrappings
- Cardboard from food wrappings
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge cutting
- Twigs and small branches
- Fruit or Vegetables from garden
If you feel that you could be greatly affected by these changes, then you are encouraged to contact the Streetcare team as soon as possible and the council’s Waste Awareness Officers will work with you and support you through the changes.
For more information on the forthcoming changes and general, food and nappy recycling call 01443 425001, email email@example.com or visit www.rctcbc.gov.uk/recycling
Or alternatively to find the bin collection day for your address use the Council’s online postcode search facility at http://bit.ly/WasteCollectionPostcodeSearch