As part of Making Minds exhibition at CardiffMADE this Saturday 6th September, Rhondda based performance and movement artist Claire Prosser is inviting people to participate in Moving Minds, a workshop dedicating time to exploring the indoor and outdoor experience geographically, physically and emotionally using choreographed movement.
The workshop is devised taking influence from stories, readings and understandings of living with Dementia and other mental illnesses.
Pockets of gardens in Roath will be the beautiful setting of these workshops, which are being run to raise awareness and money for Crossroads in the Vale charity which aids people living with Dementia.
The cost of the workshop is £4.00 -50% of this will be donated along with any other donations recieved on the day.
Please email email@example.com to register your interest and for more information.
The group will meet at CardiffMADE Gallery on Saturday 6th September at set times: 11.30| 13.30 & 15.30
- Each workshop will run for up to 90 minutes.
- Please wear comfortable clothes- be prepared for wet weather.
- A blanket or warm jumper.
- Bags can be kept at St Edwards Church, one of our workshop venues, if you wish to bring belongings with you as we spread out outside then please try to use a rucksack in order to keep you arms free to move.
- Pen and paper for written responses (these can contribute to the Making Minds, Giving Voices spoken word event in the evening.)
- An object that is of significance/ holds some memory to you.
- Refreshments (tea, coffee, juice, water) will be provided on the day.